The originating source can be found here
Although this is originally a mono recording, the two channels are in fact quite different: The left channel exhibits a better S/N ratio and less damage than the right channel. The right channel exhibited periodic clicking caused by some dust particles on the tape head (now repaired). However, taken together, the two channels balance each other out somewhat because of the sight differences in frequency response and despite the slight phase wobble on the old tape. The improvement here boils down to the repair of the periodic clicking and the phase correction which focuses and centers the stereo image.
Restored by plaz:
- corrected DC Offset errors
- concatenated tracks to 2 fragments corresponding to the two sets
- phase offset correction: +0.07 msec (left channel trailed by an average of 3 samples [+0.0675 +|- 0.007 msec])
- repaired periodic clicks and a few drop-outs in the right channel
- repaired a few pops, some crackle and a few drop-outs and gain fluctuations in both channels
- gain normalized and tracked
Thanks to The Flying M, the original seeder and editor. Many thanks to Prof. Goody for his invaluable input, and to Alex Ford for providing the SHN-IDs and putting the restored versions in this series up on the LMA. Thanks to this great band for making such wonderful music in the first place; such great song-writing and playing.